When I posted on twitter to share my post on Rebecca Heineman on Matt Chat, I got a reply from her. After a good two minutes of fan girling over it, I read what she wrote. She let me know that Jennell Jaquays was also interviewed on Matt Chat. I have to admit that I didn’t know anything about Jennell Jaquays.
— Rebecca Heineman (@burgerbecky) January 27, 2015
Her most notable works include the Advance Dungeons & Dragons modules “Dark Tower” and “Caverns of Thracia”. She also was an artist for TSR with her art featured on their gaming magazine Dragon. I use to be an active player of Advanced Dungeons & Dragons in the late 70s and early 80s, but never played either of the two modules. We actually created a lot of our own back in the day.
After working for TSR, she became a level designer for id Software where she created levels that appeared in Quake 2, Quake III: Arena, and Quake III: Team Arena. She worked on art content for Age of Empires III and the expansion for it The War Chiefs.
In August of 2012, Ms. Jaquays re-launched her former design studio (Jaquays Design Studio) as Dragongirl Studios and began taking on freelance art and design assignments.
Latest posts by Katie (see all)
- HavenCon 3 Announces New Celebrity Guests - November 20, 2016
- PinkFae Gaming at Gen Con 2016 - August 9, 2016
- PinkFae MTG League: 2016 Female Standard Tournament - January 26, 2016
- Interview: X-COM Enthusiast DistractedElf - January 24, 2016
- Ronda Rousey to Appear on the Cover of UFC 2 - November 17, 2015